RETURNING TO NURSERY (GUIDANCE)
As we slowly introduce more children back to Nursery we want to ensure you have the correct information and guidance to return as safely as possible. We have released a Risk assessment which outlines ways that we are actively safeguarding your child against Covid -19 (Please see document below). It is important that all parents adhere to these rules to ensure the safety of users at McMillan.
We will not expect children to social distance at nursery. Your child can interact with Staff and children within their "bubble".
- All the adults in Nursery are looking forward to seeing you again.
- On arrival to nursery you will have to wait on the marked orange lines and wait for your turn to enter the nursery
- You will say goodbye to your parent or carer at the door and enter the nursery with a member of staff (Adults are not allowed inside the building)
- You may be learning in a different space to your usual room.
- You may have a different teacher to the one you are used to having.
- You will be in a small class or "bubble" with children who may not have been in your previous class. If you see your friend in another "bubble" you can wave and smile at them from a distance.
- You will be able to play with some toys, from a selection that your teacher will give you.
- Most of the toys will be plastic because these can be easily cleaned.
- You will have to wash your hands a lot, to stay clean!
- You will get to practise your speaking, listening, pencil grip, maths and writing.
- You can wear your own clean clothes to school.
- Make sure your clothes are easily removed for you to go to the toilet by yourself. If you need help, staff will assist you but we do encourage independence as we always have.
- Please bring a change of clothes in case you have an accident and need to change.
- If you feel sad, adults will be able to comfort you
- If you hurt yourself, need medicine, or have a toileting accident, any adult who comes close to you to help you will wear an apron, gloves and a mask.
- Remember in school you MUST follow adult instructions; these are to keep you, your friends, and your family safe.
- At the end of the day, staff will bring you to your parent or carer, who will be waiting outside.
ENTRANCE FOR OVER 3S DAY CARE & 30 HOURS CHILDREN ONLY
ENTRANCE FOR PART-TIME 3 YEARS OLDS ONLY
ENTRANCE FOR UNDER 3S DAY CARE ONLY