• This site show a number of popular books with linked activities for parents to do at home. For example, ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’, with suggested sentence completion activity, playing ‘at the shops’, making fruit with playdoh, and talking about healthy vs unhealthy food.
• This site also has videos where parents and children can ‘watch’ the story if they do not have the listed books at home.
• Parents can book search by age:
• Parents can search by category e.g. ‘dinosaurs’, or ‘space’ if their child has a special interest.
• ‘sign of the week’ https://wetalkmakaton.org/
• ‘sign of the week’ sent via email
• Can be accessed online.
• Video available, and sign and symbol demonstrated.
• The Speech and Language Therapists at I CAN’s Dawn House school are sharing a Makaton story or song every day – find them each day by following I CAN’s twitter feed https://twitter.com/ICANcharity
View the first story here (Goldilocks and the Three Bears) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B97488JKQHM&feature=youtu.be
• Singing Hands (Facebook, youtube & Website: https://singinghands.co.uk/) They’re currently running daily sessions teaching Makaton signs. Some of these sessions are free for all to access. They also have lots of videos for signed stories, songs etc available on their youtube channel.
• BBC ‘getting started with Makaton’ https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/joinin/something-special-getting-started-with-makaton
Attention Autism – Gina Davis
• Lots of ideas and videos demonstrating Attention Autism program across different stages.
• There are also videos in Greek, Polish, Lithuanian and Spanish.
Intensive Interaction – Dave Hewett
• How intensive interaction helps people with ASD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjKxu6QKjAo
• Who is intensive interaction for? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx2Oc62BeNc