SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS
I'm Ruth and I am the Deputy Head and Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator here at McMillan.
All children have the right to be cared for and educated to develop to their full potential alongside each other through positive experiences. We provide a positive and welcoming environment where children with Special Needs are supported according to their individual requirements.
Our nursery believes that all children have a right to experience and develop alongside their peers no matter what their individual needs.
We are committed to working alongside parents and outside agencies to provide an accessible education for every child. When we identify a child who has a specific need and/or disability, we will make reasonable adjustments to enable the child to make full use of the nursery’s facilities.
We feel it is paramount to find out as much as possible about a particular child’s requirements and the way we need to address his/her early learning or care needs by:
- Liaising with the child’s parents
- Liaising with any professional agencies
- Reading any reports that have been prepared
- Attending any review meetings with the local authority/professionals
- Regularly conducting monitoring observations to assess the child’s development.
- All children will be given a full settling in period when joining the nursery according to their individual needs.
- Applying for Inclusion funding from the Local Authority. This may be available for disabled children or those with special needs when they attend our setting.
Please contact the Office on 0208 573 4427 to register your child and discuss your requirements. We will do our very best to accommodate your child’s needs or at the very least point you in the direction of further assistance. Spaces are subject to our admissions policy.