Learn to Swim
HEALTH BENEFITS OF SWIMMING
- Swimming is a great workout because you need to move your whole body against the resistance of the water.
- Swimming is a good all-round activity because it: •keeps your heart rate up but takes some of the impact stress off your body
- builds endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness
- helps maintain a healthy weight, healthy heart and lungs
- tones muscles and builds strength
- provides an all-over body workout, as nearly all of your muscles are used during swimming.
Swimming has many other benefits including:
•being a relaxing and peaceful form of exercise
•improving coordination, balance and posture
•providing good low-impact therapy for some injuries and conditions
•providing a pleasant way to cool down on a hot day
•As well as being fun, swimming is a great way to keep fit and well and make friends.
•Swimming is a healthy activity that you can continue for a lifetime.
•Swimming is a low-impact activity that has many physical and mental health benefits.
•You can swim in swimming pools, beaches, lakes, dams and rivers.
Always Make sure that the environment you choose to swim in is safe.
Local Swimming Pools
Botwell Green Leisure Centre
William Byrd Pool
Hillingdon Leisure Centre